Thursday, April 26, 2007

What a Wonderous God!

Well the other day I came home from being away awhile and found out a bunch of stuff was stolen! Namely the PlayStation 3, X-Box 360, Nintendo Wii, Derek's Pumped up Computer, and another roommate's expensive Laptop. Quite a gift from God that my Laptop wasn't stolen along with all that! The situation revolving around this (i.e. who did it) is even more painful but I don't feel right talking about that part at the moment... I'll just say sometimes you can do so much for others and they'll pay you back mostly with heartache. Pray for the guy who stole this stuff, he/they need it more then anyone. Had a good staff meeting today (group home) addressing that sort of issue and how we are, so much, that way toward the Lord at times... He has done so much for us and how do we often repay Him? Ouch!
In other news... I almost bought a house today but it didn't work out. Here homes are very expensive and you basically have to have the Re-Max lady call, go right away, see the house, and make an offer on it that day! I think it would have been a decent deal for the way homes are going for now but who knows what the market will look like in five years or less! Might end up with a house I bought for $300,000 that is only worth $89,000... Well I can't bank on inheritance (b/c 1. that's morbid 2.my parents aren't rich (at least not the biological ones) and 3. They seem to be ticking for awhile yet). I can't put everything into hoping market will crash (b/c that would hurt a lot of people and who knows what will happen). I can't so much move back to Saskatchewan at present (b/c it would be a long commute to work, although it is more tempting then before). I can't dig a hole and live in it (b/c around the city of Edmonton holes are going for at least $150,000 if you dig them on your own and it's less then 6 feet square, even then you have to get it inspected, insured, and appraised, plus shovels alone are $50,000). So I suppose I'll just have to go with my best option of continually trusting in the Lord to meet all my needs and thanking Him for the great wonderful things that He does on a daily basis.

Actually the Lord has been so good to me in the last while! There have been battles for sure but through them He continually proves to be so faithful, strong and loving! I have so much here, even thinking about wondering if I'd make enough to live before I came seems totally ridiculous now. It is a blessing to be here in Edmonton, difficult at times, streaching for sure, I miss people/friends lots, but a blessing none the less.

Well all for now I suppose... Would love to hear from you, how life is, what God's been teaching you, the battles, the joys... all that jazz.

No comments: