Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Weak and Despised

“Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness… make straight your way before me.” ~Ps. 5:8
“But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.” ~Ps. 5:11
“O Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint…” ~Ps. 6:1-2a
“Jesus wants us to come and receive the fulfillment of the promise, ‘whoever believes in me… streams of living water will flow from within him’ (Jn. 7:38).” ~Andrew Murray, pg. 59
“Lord, anything, but I must be filled with Your Spirit” ~Andrew Murray, pg. 64
How prone my heart is to wonder! I once saw myself to be a lot more one who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked and who delights in the law of the Lord but in recent months my eyes have been opened to the sinful creature I struggle with inside of me. I desire so much to be that man who is planted by streams of water and to yield “fruit” from my life. There are some strong promises/statements of the Lord… ones I must grab a hold of and allow the Lord to continue doing the great work He started within me.
This last statement is where I need to constantly be… to give the Lord everything so that I might have the Spirit’s filling daily. That I might have more of the Lord, walk more in step with Him and to pour forth the rivers/streams of living water upon the people of this world. So much God/Jesus shows His desire for His people to bear fruit and to pour forth his Spiritual water! If we are not bearing this fruit it is not because of the Lord but because of us. God wants it, we must get our lives right, keep them right and through prayer take hold of those promises. May I/we pray fervently for the work of God to spring forth on our land!
“Lord, I thank you for your great patience and mercy upon me. Thank you that you do not give up on me when I fail so many times and when I am so weak. I praise you for using the weak and despised things of the world to shame the “strong” and for showing your mighty power through using people like me. Help me to stand strong and to walk in the way Everlasting, to walk in your Righteousness and fullness. Spread your protection over me and deliver me from evil. Father God, fill me continually with your Spirit and help me to lay down everything at your feet knowing who you are and your great loving-kindness for all who are yours. Help me to more and more trust in you and be strengthened in my Faith toward you and your work. Amen.”

No comments: