Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Moving West (this) Young Man!

Times are full of change these days... I feel like I'm always moving! It was nice to have had some kind of stability over the last little while though (being around the same general area). Now I'm preparing to move to Alberta again!! Back to my "home", the plan has come up quite quickly as I recieved a phone call from my Mom (Betty) telling me that Uncle Errol and the group home is very much in need of a full time "youth worker". So after some thinking and praying I feel as though that is what I need to do. Likely before Christmas I'll be at the group home for "troubled boys" (my definition) and my job will be basically to supervise, play, interact and impact these young boys as best I can. I believe it will be quite a streching time but also well worth it. To go from Melfort where a one bedroom apartment is about $360/month (including heat and water) to Edmonton area where I have found no one bedroom apartments for less then $1000+/month is going to be a strech in itself I'm sure. Not to meation the other high costs of living (i.e. car insurance)... You ever notice that despite the high cost of living it remains so popular? :)

Well I suppose that is all for now... I really should finish up the youth bible study for tomorrow and other inportant things.

3 comments:

Karina: Queen of Spuds said...

Hey Paul!!
YAY!
I hope you have a good time in Alberta! I know God will continue to provide for you in AWESOME ways!
talk to you later
prayers and cares, from Karina

Ellen said...

hi paul.. this is ellen (used to be doerksen) i found a link to your blog on jon and andrea's blog.. i am glad to hear from you in this way and the testimony of what you are doing in your life is very encouraging to me. plus it's a great way to hear about what you are up to :) i totally understand about the cost of living in Edmonton, we are in Grande Prairie and it is also expensive.. You will be in my prayers as you move into another chapter in this journey called life..

AnneJisca said...

Hey Paul! That's awesome that you started a blog. =) Josiah and I look forward to better keeping up with you this way! I'm glad to hear how God is guiding your paths, now directing you to AB. Too bad it's so expensive though. =/ It's crazily expensive here too - which doesn't make sense since it's at the end of the world! ;-) Well, I mean, a remote location! lol

So yeah, you should come out East and visit sometimes! Did you know we have a house now? It's tiny, but we've got room for visitors now! =)