Monday, January 15, 2007

A Simple Prayer

"Whoever pursues rightousness and kindness will find life, righteousness, and honor." ~Pr. 21:21

"Humility and the fear of the Lord bring wealth and honor and life." ~Pr. 22:4

"...But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness." ~1 Tim. 6:11

"...Take hold of the eternal life to which you where called..." ~1 Tim. 6:12b

"...so that they may take hold of the life that is truely life." ~1 Tim. 6:19

"My people have committed two sins; They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water." ~Jer. 2:13

"...'If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me [Jesus] and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.' By this he meant the Spirit..." ~Jn. 7:37-39

"Father, you are the author and giver of life and more importantly of your life, "The life that is truly life". Lord you are the thirst quencher the one who gives fresh pure lasting water for our growth and fulfillment! So, I ask you Lord, where is the reality of this life in me? Where is the stream of living water teaming within me? Where's the abundance? Where's the fulfillment? So often, despite my desire and effort to follow you, I feel so empty, like I'm floating around in some useless merry-go-round. Help me to get off and run with passion, fulfillment and joy toward your heart and your ways. Help there to be a radical change in the way I live, spend my time and view my life. May I make each moment count for eternity. May I rejoice in you and the wonderful people in this world. Help love, among other things, [to] revolutionize the way I walk; Nearer to you, nearer to others, passionate about the unity and life therein! Amen."

1 comment:

Karina: Queen of Spuds said...

Hi Paul,
Thanks for sharing...that's something that I've had on my heart in my time with God.
Prayers and Cares, Karina